Anyone need a pair of shoes to fit an AFO? My daughter who is 4 has several new pairs of shoes because we have to buy two pairs each time we purchase a new set. So we have a right shoe, size 7, left shoe, […]
I know it has been forever since I’ve written and feel like I have a hole I need to fill…Long story short, I realized that I needed to change something in our lives and in mine. I need and want more help with Birkley because I want to live better, live more, and just be excited about life and the things we do daily. So in order to do all of this, I knew I needed to work harder and just make the commitment. Wished there was an easier answer but we all know that you can’t make things happen overnight. Plus I was feeling unhappy. I needed to do something other than deal with Birkley, kids, poop, drool, etc. I like to work and every time I would get involved in a project, I would feel so much better about myself, have more patience with my kids and overall felt I was a better mom.
I started really moving forward with my web development business and all is going really well. I just had to focus on one thing for a while to make sure I was moving in the right direction. I love what I do so it was an easy answer for me. I just had to take the plunge. Think too that I had to make sure I was at a comfortable spot with Birkley meaning that I could trust her in the hands of other nannies more often. No more of this hour here, hour there. Plus I need the break.
I’ll be getting back soon as I have so much to share about Birkley. She has been sitting a ton, eating more..altogether just doing better.
These days we aren’t visiting Children’s so much so going to Birkley’s appointment the other week brought back so many memories. I had all the kids with me but thank goodness for the free child care they offer for siblings. At least I could unload […]
Have to say, being a parent of a special needs child, here is a short list of some of my favorite stores, resources and just things I couldn’t live without. They have been huge part of my every day living.
- Target – Where I buy Mossimo tank tops. With all the drool and poop around here, I love these tops. Plus Target always has majority of the things I need including $5 tops and pants for the girls. Something we buy on a regular basis.
- Diapers.com – They have tons of stuff and things you can’t find anymore at local stores. I’ve bought Birkley’s bath chair, rubber spoons, and more here. Not just diapers. They have everything.
- Mommies of Miracles – Just started following about four months ago. Great for connecting with other moms.
- P2P Forum – Forum in Colorado and know they are in other areas too. Great local information from parents.
- Love That Max – Love her sarcasm and her articles.
- About.com, Special Needs, Terri Mauro – One of the first blogs I found. Has great information overall.
- Taylor Swift and Other Top Hits – My family loves music. I dance with my oldest daughter to Taylor on long days. She is one of her favorites so always helps us change the mood if we need it around that 4:00 time. Birkley loves music even if she can’t hear it and always holds up her hand to join in. Even my son Bode started dancing when he was around nine months and has been dancing ever since.
- The Lumineers and Other Happy Hang out Songs – Check out the Lumineers if you like pub type, happy music. They are a Denver band and love them. Our family listens to this type of music when we need to just let go and escape a little. Takes us on a mini vacation in a way.
- Peanut Butter – Think I eat peanut butter once a day at least. Always a great fat and helps keep me going. Plus added to toast, it’s a quick out the door breakfast.
- Mixed Nuts – Great quick snack when I need some energy and my kids love them too.
- Greek Yogurt and To-go yogurt – Easy to bring with me in the car and always refreshing.
- Coffee – Only one of my favorite morning routines. No matter how fast we have to run out the door, I always have my coffee heated back up ready to go. Have you tried Allegro, Whole Foods coffee? So good.